Wednesday 14 October 2009

Cookbook challenge, week 8, day 4 - Vegan Vittles


I missed out on my oatmeal this morning because I needed a quick breakfast, so I had my warm weather standard, generic Weetabix in soy yogurt. And then I ended up not getting ready in time to do what I had intended to do (go get passport-type photos done so I could send in my leave to remain paperwork), so I actually could've had my oatmeal. Oh well.

Anyway, I made another recipe from Vegan Vittles today. Tonight's dinner was Pot Roast with roasted potatoes and broccoli.


First of all, I should say that it didn't really taste anything like 'real' pot roast. Then again, I was never actually a fan of 'real' pot roast. Meh. This was alright. I mean, it was tasty enough. But given the amount of work and time that went into it (start to finish, it took about 2 hours, give or take a few minutes), it didn't really cut it for me. I prefer the flavour and texture of other varieties of seitan. Mike liked it, though, so that's good. I think I might change up some stuff to try to make it more 'beefy', but I'll probably stick to Joanna's Chicken-Style Seitan (which has been my favourite seitan since I started making it, even though it takes forever to make).

No comments:

Post a Comment