Thursday 29 October 2009

Cookbook challenge, week 10, day 5 - Get It Ripe


Tonight I made Pinto's Refried Bean Burritos from Get It Ripe (pictures to be added later).


I didn't mash the beans because I just couldn't be bothered (and Mike has issues with mashed things, I think). I had a layer of brown rice, a layer of beans, some shredded lettuce, and a few spoons of Alpro Soya plain yogurt. They were tasty enough, but just kinda meh. I dunno. My typical burrito usually has some kind of 'meat' (usually mince cooked with taco seasoning), but I didn't bother with that this time because, really, the beans and rice are enough protein. But it was just missing...something. I do have to say, though, that the beans took almost no time to make (well, if you're starting with cooked beans) - no more than 15 minutes. If you're in a huge hurry, you could do quinoa instead of rice and have a pretty decent meal in less than 20 minutes.

Mike came home and requested shortbread, so I think I'll be making the shortbread cookies from GIR tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment