Monday 12 October 2009

Cookbook challenge, week 8, day 2 - Vegan Vittles


This week's cookbook challenge is Vegan Vittles by Jo Stepaniak. I've got several recipes bookmarked for later in the week, but I only did one today. I have to say, though, that I'm still not quite sure about this book. I had to look through this one several times to find more than a handful of recipes I thought we might like. There's also a pretty big reliance on nuts (especially cashews and walnuts), which, when seen, puts me right off a recipe.

Anyway, tonight's dinner was Cauliflower Paprikash. It's not particularly photogenic.


First off, I should mention that I left out the mushrooms because Mike's a hater, and I did rice instead of noodles. Other than that, I followed the recipe exactly, using the low end of the paprika called for. Mike didn't like it, but he couldn't really put his finger on why. I thought it was alright, but a bit bland. We probably won't have it again. Oh well.

Hopefully other stuff I make this week will be better. I hate buying a cookbook and not using it.

1 comment:

  1. I see you have an interest in veganism, so I hope you can take time out to visit my site at www.celebrityvegannews.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete