Wednesday 4 September 2013

You'll need a tray






I just started a new medication which, apparently, makes me really sleepy.  I came home exhausted, and I need to finish this post before I fall asleep.

I decided to make Penne Arrabiata because I'd promised Mike I'd make it at some point.  We were at the store buying food, and he decided we should buy the 39p Tesco Value penne, but I refused to buy the value sauce (it was mostly tomato paste).  So I told him I'd make arrabiata if we could buy the non-shitty sauce.  Also, pasta is so quick (especially compared to the other stuff I was thinking of making).  Just to make it a bit healthier, I threw in some chickpeas and frozen spinach.

Here's a shot of my pasta:

In case it isn't obvious, 39p penne isn't great.  It wasn't terrible, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to do a decent post, but I'm so sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open.

3 comments:

  1. Mmm, pasta!

    Enjoy your sleep, hun! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oy, I went through that recently with an asthma medication. It clears up the asthma, but also knocks me out like Benadryl. Not really worth the trade, I'd say. I hope you find a good solution! In the meantime, I hope you enjoy some delicious pasta. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those quick comforty dinners.

    ReplyDelete