Sunday 8 September 2013

Sundae Sunday - Hazelnut Latte Sundae


Remember earlier in the month when I was trying to make hazelnut syrup and ended up making hazelnut sugar (and burning my finger)?  Well, lemons to lemonade and all that - I grated that sugar and used it in place of the regular sugar in my ice cream.  I used the same V'con-esque base that I posted about with the PB Speculoos ice cream (so, everything but the PB and Speculoos) and added in a bit of coffee in place of the soymilk (as suggested by Isa) and also threw in a dash of coffee extract.

The ice cream by itself was really nice.  I topped it with some chopped candied hazelnuts, "mocha" sauce (Hershey's syrup with coffee extract mixed in), and some whipped cream.  Here's a not-great phone photo:




At some point, I might try to be adventurous and make something that isn't topped with chocolate syrup.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! As for making something that isn't topped with chocolate syrup....why fix it if it ain't broke? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I agree with luminousvegans, top everything in chocolate syrup - it's the best!

    ReplyDelete