Tuesday 24 September 2013

Taco Tuesday - lentil tacos

It's Taco Tuesday!  I had some lentils left over from a few days ago that I wanted to use up, so I decided to make lentil tacos.  But the recipe I have calls for chili powder, which I didn't have, so I first had to make chili powder.  I used this recipe but doubled the quantities, used chipotle powder instead of cayenne pepper, and added a bit of allspice and coriander because the old bottle had those in the ingredients.

These are topped with Tesco smoky cheese, Uncle Ben's Mexican rice, Joya plain soy yogurt, Tesco mild salsa, and iceberg lettuce (in no particular order).  They were super delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Congratulations on the blog!

    I saw that you were interested in science fiction, and thought you might like this radio show I made about how sci fi deals with the question of the animal:
    http://theveganoption.org/2013/07/05/science-fiction-doctor-who-hg-wells-swift-frankenstein-under-skin-planet-apes-trek/

    And this article I wrote on the subject for Our Hen House:
    http://www.ourhenhouse.org/2013/09/imagining-other-worlds-science-fiction-and-animal-ethics/

    If you're coming down to London this weekend for VegfestUK, I'm running a vegan indymedia workshop at 6pm on Saturday. (It's in the programme.) Please come :).

    ReplyDelete