Today I made the Leek and Bean Cassoulet with Biscuits
and the Chewy Chocolate-Raspberry Cookies.
The cassoulet was decent - a bit bland, but probably because I didn't put enough salt and pepper in it, though otherwise nice. I think Mike liked it a lot - he had seconds, and he very rarely does that. But I don't know if I'll make it again just because it takes so much time and effort.
The cookies were really nice. I was hoping for a slightly more pronounced raspberry flavour, but they're still good. Good enough that we've nearly eaten them all already, and I just made them a few hours ago. I used a bit of applesauce to replace some of the oil, which I think made them slightly cakier than they would otherwise have been. They were less dense than I expected, and they spread more than the recipe says they're supposed to (which is not at all). I was hoping to make sammich cookies with them, but they were a bit too cake-y for the purpose. They were actually a bit like individual brownies.
I think I'll take a break from the challenge tomorrow (especially since I've more than covered the suggested 3 recipes), but for Friday, I'll be making the seitan pot pie and the Lower-Fat Chocolate Bundt Cake.