Monday 23 September 2013

Sick day comfort food

I stayed home sick today, so I pretty much took it easy.  I had enough energy to make cornbread because I knew in the long run it would make me feel better.
This is the Jalapeno-Buttermilk Cornbread from Cookin' Crunk, but without the jalapenos.  I mostly left them out because I didn't have any.

For dinner, I cooked some black-eyed peas with a bit of veg broth, soy sauce, liquid smoke, garlic and onions.  I used some cavolo nero kale in the Mess O' Greens recipe.  And of course, I had it all with more cornbread.  It was delicious, though I think actual greens would work better in the greens recipe.  I also left out the turnips because I didn't have any.

The meal was really delicious, and I'd definitely make the cornbread and the greens again.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better soon. That cornbread looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a hug on a plate; I hope it did the trick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon, hun! The cornbread looks like the perfect comfort food to make you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon! That cornbread looks like the perfect comfort food for a sick day.

    ReplyDelete