Wednesday 10 October 2012

Vegan MoFo VI, Day 10 - Talkin' Pumpkin

I finally got around to doing one of the things I was thinking about - using my bookmarks!  Tonight I made Manifest Vegan's Pumpkin Alfredo for dinner.

Lemme back up a second so I can talk about pumpkin.  I may have talked about pumpkin before, but that's because it's awesome!  I have my bookmarks sorted into a few different categories, and I actually have a category for pumpkin (and it has more stuff in it than most of the other categories).  I love pumpkin sweet or savoury (though I usually end up eating it sweet).  I could eat pumpkin any time of year.  I do feel more inclined to eat it during the colder months, but I'll make The Best Pumpkin Muffins at the height of summer.

Anyway, back to the recipe.  I really liked this.  But how could you not like a recipe that calls for 1/2 cup of nooch?  I had to add some of the pasta cooking water to make it blend (I find that my food processor doesn't really get things smooth, so I usually use a blender), but I otherwise didn't change a thing.  I just wish I'd remembered my chocolate pasta - I have a feeling it would've been perfect with this, and I've been meaning to use it.  But I have leftovers, so I'll just make the pasta another night!

I also made The Great Pumpkin Bundt Cake from Have Your Cake and Vegan Too! on Monday.  I was iffy on this initially because it took at least twice as long to bake as the recipe said, and it came out a little underdone.  I actually had a few pieces and thought, it's not a complete failure, but I don't know if I'd make it again.  But when I had some tonight, I microwaved it and ate it warm, with the glaze melting in to it.  It was delicious.  I wish I could have more.  The only thing I might change about it is to add chocolate chips, but that's because I feel chocolate and pumpkin is one of the best combinations ever devised.

My best good friend Eva has a pumpkin bread recipe that is good enough to sell, and she sent me the recipe to veganise.  It turns out it would be super easy to do, so I might make that soon (I even bought another can of pumpkin - I might need to stock up again soon since I actually ran out).

I still need to figure out what I'm doing for British Food Friday!  I'll come up with something...

No comments:

Post a Comment