Monday 1 November 2010

Vegan MoFo - Failure to prep



Happy World Vegan Day! And happy first day of MoFo!

Sunday was meant to be spent prepping for the week to come so I could be sure to have time to do everything I wanted to do and still have time to blog about it. Unfortunately, it ended up being an extremely lazy day - I was up by 11, but I managed to not even get breakfast made until about 4 and did very little else.

One thing I did manage was to cook a giant pot of beans. And 'giant pot' is no lie. I measured out 4ish cups for VwaV Chickpea Broccoli Casserole and 2 cups for VwaV Falafel, and I still had about 3 cups left. Since we're not keen on homemade hummus (not smooth enough - I'm not making it again until I get a VitaMix), I need to think of something to do with 3 damn cups of chickpeas. If anyone has any non-hummus ideas, let me know.

I also made one of the cakes for my first "Mix v. Scratch" challenge - Battle Swirl Cake. I'll share the results of that later in the week.

I had to do my shopping tonight, but I (hopefully) got all of the fresh ingredients I need for the rest of the week. Later in the week, I hope to be able to make VwaV falafel (which I've never made before!), VwaV BBQ Pomegranate Tofu, and V'con French Lentil Soup with Tarragon and Thyme.

I hope all you other MoFo's have a great month!

2 comments:

  1. I am notorious for not prepping things so I know how that goes.

    As for the chickpeas: chickpea blondies, chickpeas romesco, chickpea noodle soup, roasted chickpeas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chickpeas are rocking in stews and casseroles and curries. Have you dried roasting them? They make a very moreish snack and are great for packed lunches.Heck - they are great for anything!
    Happy MoFo'ing.
    :)

    ReplyDelete